Bermondsey Uprising is hosting a series of workshops to coincide with the London Fashion Week. The space has organised the Bermondsey Uprising Upcycling Challenge with famous London designer Daniel Blake.
It will take place from 10am to 5pm February 14-18 and is free and suitable for all ages. There will be a display of the finished pieces and awards handed out by Daniel Blake at the shop on Sunday, February 18, from 4-5pm.
Bermondsey Uprising is a new pop up and community space in The Blue located in the former Santander branch in Southwark Park Road. It is run by Community Opportunity, which it might sound familiar since it also has a few stalls in The Blue Market on Saturdays.
Daniel Blake’s London Fashion Week Upcycicling Challenge
Suitable for all ages, Free
- Wednesday 14th of February 10am -5pm, Daniel Blake launches the challenge
- Wednesday 10am-5pm from 14th of February to Sunday 18th of February, free activities
- Sunday 18th February 4pm-5pm: Final show and Daniel awards prizes
Other activities at Bermondsey Uprising
- 10.30am-3pm and 4pm to 7pm / Indoor Market / DIY Playspace / Story Corner
- 10am-12noon / Local Stories Coffee Morning
- 10am-12noon Tiny Dog Stroking Club
- 12noon-2pm Biscuit Town Social: Board games and card games
- 12noon-3pm / Bicycle Ninja Club.The Blue Market own bicycle mechanic comes to the shop
- 4pm-7pm / Sewing classes
- 10.30am-3pm and 3.30pm to 8pm / Indoor Market / DIY Playspace / Story Corner
- 10am-12pm / Bermondsey Poetry Club: poetry, books, plays and films
- 12pm-2om / Biscuit Town Social Club: board games and card games
- 2pm-3pm / Football Fans Club