Do you have experience of managing a youth and community centre or something similar?
Do you have a background in community development?
Do you have experience of working with different age groups and developing different community projects and activities?
Do you want to be part of The Somerville journey?
The Somerville, is recruiting for a new Youth and Community Centre Manager based at our newly acquired site in Southwark. The following information was provided by The Somerville to promote the job vacancy in the local area using Blue Bermondsey network. If you’re interested, please read on and contact the centre.
Closing date for the application: 30th July 2021, noon.
- Interviews to be held the week commencing: 2nd August 2021 Start Date: Mid/end August 2021 actual date to be confirmed
- The Somerville Charity Number: 1121081
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to bring to the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack.
If you require more information about this post, please call their office on 0207 732 1403
About the vacancy role
The post holder will report directly to the Director and will be responsible for:
- Managing the day to day running of the centre including; management of staff, sessional workers, volunteers and the centres allocated resources. Ensuring that all staff comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures, health and safety and safeguarding requirements.
- Delivering and developing a wide programme of diverse activities and projects for the local community, which will include services for; adults, older people and children and young people.
- Building new partnerships in order to meet any emerging needs, as well as maximise any opportunities for income generation.
The Blue Youth and Community Centre Manager Full-time Salary: £35,750 (i.e 38.5 hours a week)
The Blue Youth and Community Centre Manager Actual Salary: £19,500 for 21 hours a week.
Plus a 5% employers pension contribution and a 2% annual increment for the post.
This post is a fixed term for 1-year subject to performance and securing further funding. The post holder will be required to work some weekends.An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
The Somerville, is dedicated to recognising and implementing equal opportunities practice.