On Monday 25th May 2020, the Prime Minister announced that all non-essential retailers will be able to reopen in England from 15th June. Blue Bermondsey BID welcomes the news and are committed to supporting our retailers and the local business community in the best way we can to help keep staff and customers safe.
The Government has published new online guidance for people who work in or run shops, and similar environments. It is important for those who will be reopening to adhere to the new guidelines to help protect both shoppers and staff. We strongly recommend businesses visit the gov.uk website to learn more on how to apply the new measures.
Download the guidance for businesses
You can also download all relevant documents and information from the following links:
- Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) in shops and branches
Full PDF version of the guidance. Updated 25 May 2020 to reflect industry feedback and to expand coverage of non-essential retail categories ahead of planned opening.
- Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020
Poster to display in your workplace to show you have followed the guidance.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
Supporting the local businesses
We continue to work to support local businesses during these difficult times and are finalising new initiatives to build on those we have undertaken during the crisis, some of which are highlighted below:
- We launched a free home delivery service for shops in the high street (Phase 1)
- We provided full programme of tailored support for our essential shops that remained open.
- Working with neighbouring BIDs in Southwark and the Cabinet Member for Jobs, Business and Innovation Cllr Stephanie Cryan to feed in, explore options and implement measures to help local businesses.
- We maintained a full promotional campaign through our social media channels highlighting shops and businesses that remained open with the #shopsafe, keep #socialdistancing slogan
- We have initiated a new online business directory, to be launched soon.
If you are a local business and you have any queries, please contact the BID and we will help in any way we can.
Send us an email to email@example.com