Bermondsey Carnival 2018
Saturday 30 June, 12pm to 8pm
Taking place in the beautiful Southwark Park, Bermondsey Carnival will bring an exciting programme of music, dance and events to Southwark Park this summer.
Organised in partnership with Bermondsey Beat and The Friends of Southwark Park with great live music, traditional funfair, delicious world foods, fun activities from community partners, a family zone and children’s dance tent – there will be plenty of activities and performances to entertain the whole family.
Line up for The Southwark Park Bandstand stage
- 12:25 Dirty Cassettes
- 13:10 Yazstar
- 13:50 Decks & Quartz
- 14:25 Kindred Soul
- 15:00 The Mayor’s speech
- 15:15 Singology
- 15:50 Mancie Baker
- 16:20 Paradise on Purple
- 17:00 Tiny Tina
- 18:00 Abba Gold Girls
- 18:50 Salute to Sinatra
Anyone for tennis?
This year we’ll have a special ‘come and try’ session for anyone who is interested in giving tennis a go, adult or child. There will also be a ‘timed tennis tournament’ for 6 to 11 year olds.
The Create and Play Zone
An assortment of talented artists, performers and designers providing a multitude of engaging things to do
- Nest Box and Mask Making Workshops with Café Gallery
- Crafty Beasts Making Workshops with Time & Talents
- Totally Wild Foraging Adventure walks running throughout the day (12.30pm – 1.30pm – 2.30pm – 3.30pm)
- Jumping Bean Stories and Rhyme Tent (12.15pm – 1.15pm – 2.30pm – 3.30pm – 4.30pm)
- Make Theatre with London Bubble Theatre. Turn yourself into a story gatherer, a story teller, a character creator or a history maker In the beautiful Bubble Yurt throughout the day from: 12pm to 4pm.
SE16 DANCE Tent hosted by the Movement Factory.
Come and take part in an exclusive range of free dance workshops running throughout the day. No previous dance experience necessary
- 12.00 to 12.30: Musical Mayhem- Musical Theatre
- 12.30 to 1.15: The Movement Factory- Street Dance
- 1.15 to 1.40: Kinetika Bloco
- 1.40 to 2.00- Kinetika Bloco
- 2.00 to 2.25 – Musical Mayhem
- 2.25 to 2.30 – Ellz & Sharz
- 2.30 to 2.40 – Hazel
- 2.40 to 2.50 – The Mia Dancers
- 2.50 to 2.55 – Jerdy
- 2.55 to 3.00 Ellie
- 3.00 to 3.05 – Gawz
- 3.05 to 3.10 – Double Twist Dance Co.
- 3.10 to 3.30 Southwark Gymnastics
- 3.30 to 3.40 DHK Shortman
- 4.00 to 4.45 DHK Shortman / Dance Hall
- 4.45 to 5.30 The Movement Factory
For more information
If you’d like any further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7525 2000.
For updates on Bermondsey Carnival and other events in the borough, sign up to the Southwark Presents newsletter, and follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Salute To Sinatra & the Legends with The Hollywood Orchestra
Louis Hoover is the original star of the West End and Broadway smash hit show, the Rat Pack live from Las Vegas, that has sold over 16 million tickets worldwide. Louis’s solo show, Salute to Sinatra tours all over the world including sell out shows at the London Palladium and Royal Albert Hall.
Providing the perfect accompaniment for Louis Hoover’s quality as a world class performer are the virtuoso musicians of the Hollywood Orchestra, who over the years have performed with such luminaries as Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Mel Torme, Shirley Bassey, Matt Monro and Sir Cliff Richard to name but few of the very best who have shared the stage
The Abba Gold Girls
Bonita Delaney and Suzanne Ayliffe are the girls from Abba Gold, the renowned Abba Tribute band who have enjoyed performing to enormous crowds worldwide since the mid-nineties, headlining theatres, concert arenas and festivals throughout. As a duo they regularly tour the Europe and UK festival circuit, delighting audiences, recreating the Abba magic with their energetic shows.
Tiny Tina is a Rock, Blues and Soul singer who along with her high energy band specialises in recreating classics from Tina Turner and many of the great Jazz, Soul, Rock & Blues artists of the 20th century
Paradise on Purple
This local band have been performing and recording for 20 years and have put together a set of their best tunes to mark their anniversary, at the Carnival where they did their first gig back in 1998.
Singology provide the opportunity for people to sing and were finalists at Gospel Choir of the Year 2017. They perform anywhere; from the Royal Albert Hall to the V Festival with Stormzy, singing styles from all genres
Kindred Soul are local Bermondsey Songwriters and producers of House & Garage, who craft uplifting and soulful original mixes that has brought them tons of radio play