We are a Business Improvement District
Our activities are focused on offering services to help reduce costs and enable a better stake in the future of the local trading environment by representing the local business community through a unified voice.
Additionally we aim to play a significant role in helping to improve the look and feel of the area, raising the area profile to encourage further investment, positive perceptions and improvements.
Our activities are overseen by a board of local business owners to deliver services which must be in addition to those provided by the Council. This is set out in a binding baseline agreement.
Governance of a BID is ultimately regulated by the Business Improvement District (BID) Regulations (2004) and at a local level by an Operating Agreement with the Council.
BID Board Members 2020 – 2021
|Jack Shah – Chair||Blu1 Clothing|
|Lesley Hutchins||Robert Guy|
|Simon Bell||Bells and Sons|
|Rob Drummer||Boundless Theatre|
|Kevin Sivi||Pure Gym|
|Russell Dryden||The Blue Market|
|Miriam Stower||Stella Coffee and Tea|
|Cllr Sunny Lambe||Southwark Council Representative|
Our operating principles
- We are owned and led by BID-member businesses in Blue Bermondsey
- Our members are eligible to join the board or one of our project groups
- We are a not-for-profit company, as enshrined in our constitution
- We deliver services that are in addition to services provided by the Council
- We are financially transparent, publishing annual reports and running AGM’s for our members
- We aim to supplement levy income with additional funding from other sources.
- We will communicate and engage regularly with members and adapt to changing needs.
- We recognise that we exist as part of a wider community
- We place importance on engaging with the community, including residents and non-levy paying organisations
If you are a Blue Bermondsey BID member business and interested in becoming involved in our activities, we’d love to hear from you.
Send us an email to: