We are a Business Improvement District (BID)
Our activities are focused on offering services to help our levy paying businesses reduce costs and have a better stake in the future of the local trading environment through a unified voice.
We play a significant role in helping to improve the look and feel of the area, raising the area profile to encourage further investment, positive perceptions and improvements.
BID projects and initiatives are overseen by our board of local business owners and are in addition to those provided by the Council. This is set out in a binding baseline agreement.
Governance of a BID is ultimately regulated by the Business Improvement District (BID) Regulations (2004) and at a local level by an Operating Agreement with Southwark Council.
|Jack Shah – Chair||Blu 1|
|Miriam Stower||Stella Coffee & Tea|
|Kevin Sivi||Pure Gym Bermondsey|
|Rob Drummer||Boundless Theatre|
|Alex Smith||Alex & Matteo|
|Jake Farey||Bermondsey Social Club|
|Jackie Bygrave||Blue Youth Centre|
|Luds van den Belt||Big Local Works|
|Lesley Hutchins||Robert Guy Services|
|Simon Bell||Bell & Sons Butchers|
|Russell Dryden||Blue Bermondsey Manager|
– Our members are eligible to join the board or one of our project groups
– We are a not-for-profit company, as enshrined in our articles of association
– We deliver services that are in addition to services provided by the Council
– We are financially transparent, publishing annual reports and running AGM’s for our members
– We supplement levy income with additional funding from external sources.
– We will communicate and engage with members and adapt to changing needs.
– We recognise that we exist as part of a wider community
– We place importance on engaging with the community, including residents and local stakeholders
If you are a business paying the Blue Bermondsey BID levy you are in affect a member.
If you would like to be involved in initiatives, we’d love to hear from you.
Send us an email to: